- Operates lift trucks for basic material handling, shop organization, and loading and unloading of trucks.
- Performs routine scheduled maintenance including, but not limited to, standard inspections, repairing
and replacing defective parts, lubricating parts, and repairing electrical equipment.
- Assists in the repair and upkeep of the interior and exterior of branch and building grounds.
- Follows work order instructions, keeping accurate records of time and parts used on jobs.
- Performs preventative maintenance repairs, maintaining accurate records.
- Ensures time cards are accurately maintained and jobs are allocated properly with start and end times.
- Is responsible to utilize the Mobile Service application to close out the day, fill out work orders, finalize
jobs, and mark as complete.
- Ensures work orders are fully completed with the following: job number, customer information (name
and address), equipment (make, model number, serial number, hour meter), repair story (in the
problem/cause/correction format), parts listing.
- Provides daily status updates to the Service Account Supervisors and reviews any customer issues or
concerns with them and the account manager.
- Ensures B&B property is maintained to the company’s 5S standards.
- Leads by example in promoting a safe workplace. Follows the company’s core safety values and ensures
basic safety standards are adhered to including SDS, PPE, and JSAs.
- Reports any safety violations or incidents to the supervisor immediately.
- Is responsible for requesting additional tasks and projects to prevent downtime.
- Sets up and operates drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Maintains professionalism on the job at all times.
- Is reliable and punctual in reporting for work as scheduled.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Vocational or technical certification preferred.
- Two or more years of experience in a service technician role.
- Previous experience with hydraulics and computer diagnostics.
- Ability to interpret and apply schematic diagrams.
- Valid Driver’s License and driving record acceptable to insurance company.
- Ability to work independently and to effectively prioritize demands and execute tasks.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey information to internal and
external customers in a clear and concise manner.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties,
or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may
change at any time with or without notice.